Feb 16, 2016

TRANSLATION EXERCISE

1.- We have already booked a hotel in London. This summer we're spending our holidays in the U.K.

2.- They've just hired a car. Therefore, they can move to anywhere.

3.- Have you ever missed the school bus? No, I've never lost it, I always arrive at the bus stop on time.

4.- Where are your school mates? They're having breakfast at the school canteen, they're eating a toast with olive oil and tomato and a chocolate milkshake.

5.- Spanish food is healthier than British food. I think that the potatoes omelette is the tastiest dish in my country. But, maybe, the paella is the most famous dish in the world.

6.- Students mustn't run along the corridors and they must follow the school rules.

7.-Teenagers should have a healthier life. They shouldn't spend too many hours in front of a computer or mobile phone and they should do more physical exercise.

8.-Some people are dishonest and they don't tell the truth.They should be more hardworking and they shouldn't tell lies.

9.-At my sister's school everybody has to wear a uniform. It's compulsory.

10.- Some films (movies) are too predictable, I prefer more realistic movies. I like horror films because they are exciting.

11.- Yesterday I went to the cinema and I watched a sci-fi film. The special effects were amazing. The main character was really funny and the end was very original.

12.-Hello!!! How are you? I'm fine, thank you, and you? I've just been to the sales and i've bought a new digital TV but the control remote doesn't work.

13.- Yesterday while I was browsing information on the Internet, I found an old school friend.

14.- Can you lend me 5€ until Monday?

15.- I'm saving up to buy a new tablet.

16.- How long have they lived in London? I think they've lived since 2008.

17.- Why don't we go shopping today? ok, that's fine by me.